- 5 years of experience writing and editing technical documents, including process documentation, user manuals, white papers, Web content, templates, tutorials, and reports.
- Adept at working with subject-matter experts to obtain information, identify key data and audiences, and craft documents that are user-friendly and concise.
- Proficient with formatting programs and content management systems.
- Leverages training in computer science to write for highly technical audiences.
SuperDroid Robots, Fuquay-Varina, NC 2017 – 2019
Technical Writer for leading robotics engineering company
- Create, modify, and publish product descriptions and specifications on production website with over 1700 items.
- Create and update white pages, product manuals and online support pages.
- Develop new marketing opportunities to support business needs. Heavily involved with digital marketing initiatives including email marketing, digital ad buying, content creation.
- Directly monitor and create content for all social media accounts including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
EnterScape, New Albany, KY 2017 – 2017
Technical Consultant for innovative utility management company
- Perform WordPress site migration from cPanel to Godaddy, setup SSL certificate, consult on MSSQL transaction log shipping configuration.
- Consult client on .NET site security concerns.
Freelance Web Designer, Willow Spring, NC 2014 – PRESENT
- Design, host, and maintain websites for five clients. Migrated 5 websites from Windows web server to Linux web server.
- Utilize exceptional technical and communication skills to discuss business requirements with clients. Perform duties within scheduled timeframe and stay within budget.
- Perform MySQL database back-ups in PhpMyAdmin and server-side back-ups.
- Conduct risk analysis on websites and recommend website security standards; prepare optimization and analysis reports.
- Skilled at finding and resolving bugs and errors in code.
Programs: MS Office Suite, Project, SQL Server Management Studio, Visual Studio 2010, WordPress, Photoshop, Adobe FrameMaker
Databases: SQL Server 2008, 2012, 2014, 2016; MySQL, Oracle, MS Access, SharePoint
Languages: PHP, ASP.NET, XML, HTML, C, C#, C++
Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 10, Linux
Bachelor of Science in Computer Security, Concentration in Database Technology (2016)
Strayer University, Raleigh, NC
Associates of Applied Science in Database Management (2013)
Technical Community College, Raleigh, NC
North Carolina Notary Public (Commission expires May 8, 2024)